I’ve always enjoyed my Barilla pasta. Not only because it’s tasty, but because they always have fun and creative recipe ideas. Fast and healthy meals made easy. Well, now it’s gotten even EASIER! It’s called Pronto pasta. One pan. No Boil. No Drain.
A box of Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
- 1 box – Chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups – Yellow onion diced
- 1 cup- Pepperoni diced ( I used soppressata and it was AWESOME)
- 1 cup- Garlic minced
- 1 clove of garlic ( I chose to use 2 because GARLIC is good for you)
- 1 cup – Pecorino cheese grated
- 5 leaves of torn basil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- POUR whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter)
- POUR 1 ½ cups of cold water and chicken broth into the pan, ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta.
- ADD onion, turn the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes (optional: add a bit of salt to taste).
- COOK on high, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- When pasta is almost done, ADD pepperoni and garlic; gently cook through.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
It’s that easy! 10 mins of prep time and 10 mins of cook time. Check out Barilla for different dinner ideas and then get yourself a box of PRONTO! Pasta, now even easier.